SWIM TEAM PARENT VOLUNTEER JOBS
Our volunteers are an important and valued part of our NPSC swim team family and play a key role to help home swim meets run smoothly. We cannot host meets without the help of our swim team families. If your child participates on the swim team, it is mandatory that each family sign up to volunteer 3 times throughout the season.
Please sign up for your volunteer jobs for the season here: Volunteer Sign Ups
VOLUNTEER JOBS: Below are the specific ways you can volunteer.
- Swim Meet Announcer – Welcomes and introduces teams, coaches, officials, calls events up.
- Starter – Starts event after announcer calls, commands swimmers, begins race.
- Head Timer* – Coordinates timers for home meets, instructs and assigns timers to lanes, assists with lane judging.
- Lane Timers – Three per lane; time and record swimmers times. Two shifts.
- Meet Referee & Stroke and Turn Judges* – Observes starts, swims, turns and finishes.
- Ribbon – Sets up ribbon supplies, labels them and sorts them for opposing team & into GSSC ribbons box.
- Data Checker– Sets up the meet file exchange, formats meet line-up, prints off heat sheets before/during the meet and enter race information during the meet.
- Snack Shack & BBQ – Group of parents to prepare and sell food/beverages in concessions during home meets/matches.
- Runners – Distributes and collects timers’ heat sheets during the meets. (2 per meet needed)
- Stagger – Stages swim meet and assist office personnel as needed throughout meet.
Jobs that are starred require prior experience or training. If you are interested in these positions, please contact our swim team coordinators or ask during a meet.
Future Volunteer Opportunities:
For the 2022 season the computer coordinator and data entry positions are filled. We are looking for interested volunteers to shadow these individuals to learn the positions for future years. If interested please contact our swim coordinators or ask during a meet.
- Computer Coordinator & Date Entry Volunteers – Sets up the meet file exchange, formats meet line-up, prints off heat sheets before/during the meet and enter race information during the meet.
Our swim team coordinators can be contacted here: firstname.lastname@example.org